Wisconsin Rapids City Hall Renovations
The City of Wisconsin Rapids desired to renovate its city hall building in a manner consistent with its commitment to “smart growth” as detailed in the City’s comprehensive plan aimed at reducing energy consumption. Utilizing new technologies, increasing the efficiency of the exterior envelope and implementing sustainable principles were incorporated for the interior and exterior of the existing 1970s-era facility.
- Remodeled Council Chambers with technical advances in Audio/Video/Teleconferencing
- Interior remodeling of the existing Police Department office functions and the separation of the Municipal Court System
- Exterior wall rebuilt with improved air and vapor barriers
- Shaded triple glazed insulated exterior window units
- Maintenance free exterior metal siding
- New roof with additional insulation
- Sustainable interior finishes including ceilings, flooring, and painting
- Wisconsin Focus on Energy “Whole Building Lighting Program” including energy efficient fixtures utilizing LED and CFL
- HVAC upgrades with the addition of an energy recovery system
- Design development of the facility over a period of four years
- Bidding assistance
- Construction administration services
- Funding application assistance
Project completed by our principals, prior to Funktion Design Studio, LLC, while employed with previous firms.