St. Matthew Catholic Parish
Funktion Design personnel worked with the St. Matthew Catholic Parish to design and build the Angelorum Gathering Space addition and renovations. The addition was designed to provide a welcoming space for pre-service gathering and expanded fellowship opportunities after services; multi-purpose space for classes, meetings, and pre-wedding preparations; and ADA compliant men’s, women’s, and family restrooms. The exterior of the addition was designed to include materials that would work to blend the new portion with the existing church and still lend the addition a more modern edge.
- New lighting fixtures and heating and cooling systems in the existing Nave
- Large, bright, open space for gathering before and after services, as well as potential to house other events
- ADA compliant men’s and women’s restrooms as well as a separate family restroom
- A quiet reflection space with views of Rib Mountain
- A covered drive-up canopy for parishioner drop-off during inclement weather
- ADA compliant access from the parking lots into the building
- Provided programming and master planning, preliminary design, and budgetary services
- Site Design
- Coordination of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural design
- Prepared schematic design, leading to final design development
- Prepared construction documents and assisted with bidding
- Provided construction oversight
Project completed by our principals, prior to Funktion Design Studio, LLC, while employed with previous firms.