The Mint Café, a landmark in downtown Wausau, received a long overdue face lift. Past interior and exterior remodeling projects had left the diner with an outdated 1950’s image. Green tile had been applied over the brick and terra cotta storefront. The building’s mechanical and electrical systems operated inefficiently, never quite providing a satisfactory level of comfort for patrons and staff.
- Exterior terra cotta and brick detailing cleaned and repaired
- Interior design featuring new finish carpentry and wall coverings
- Salvaged crown molding and tin ceiling were installed in the entrance and foyer areas
to give a glimpse of The Mint’s long history
- Mechanical and electrical updates including new task lighting, temperature control,
and proper ventilation to all areas
- Quick project turn-around of three weeks to minimize time the restaurant was closed
- Storefront design incorporating details of the original building that were covered by past remodeling
- Construction documents for interior and exterior renovation
- Contract administration
Project completed by our principals, prior to Funktion Design Studio, LLC, while employed with previous firms.