Lakeland Airport, Noble F. Lee Memorial Field
Lakeland Airport had its snow removal equipment stored in two small, outdated and unheated storage buildings. The airport wanted to consolidate storage into a new, heated structure. Storing equipment in a heated facility extends the life of equipment, provides a comfortable area for repair and maintenance activities, and improves the efficiency of snow removal operations overall.
Funktion Design Studio designed an energy efficient and low maintenance Snow Removal Equipment (SRE) storage building to protect the equipment.
- 3,350 square-foot pre-engineered metal structure for SRE storage
- Energy efficient, in-floor heating system with additional gas fired units for quick recovery
- Two vehicle storage bays
- Precast concrete mezzanine for mechanical equipment
- Parts storage area
- Accessible unisex toilet room
- Site design
- Coordination of MEP design for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services
- Schematic design
- Design development
- Construction document preparation
- Construction administration and oversight
Project completed by our principals, prior to Funktion Design Studio, LLC, while employed with previous firms.