Nashville Community Building
Funktion Design Studios worked with the Town of Nashville to design and construct a low cost, energy-efficient community building. The building includes staff offices, community room, meeting spaces, lending library, maintenance garage, and fire station. The utilitarian and efficient design incorporates many “green” concepts which can be characterized as the “low lying fruit of sustainability.” These concepts are the most effective and economical, and provide efficiency and healthier interior environments. Durable materials were chosen to limit long term maintenance costs.
- Geothermal HVAC system with heat recovery units
- Energy recovery ventilators
- Lighting with energy fixtures and motion sensors
- Wisconsin Focus on Energy funding
- Maximized building envelope insulation
- Low flow plumbing fixtures
- Energy Star Target Finder
- Assistance with US Rural Development (ARRA) and Wisconsin Department of Commerce funding
- Schematic design phase
- Design development phase
- Bidding assistance and construction administration services
Project completed by our principals, prior to Funktion Design Studio, LLC, while employed with previous firms.