Mosinee Fire Station
Funktion Design Studio worked with the Mosinee Fire District to complete the design, bidding, and oversight for structural and code repairs to their existing 14,350 square-foot fire station. The fire station is a pre-engineered metal building which was originally constructed with deficiencies in the concrete footings at the columns, a lack of CMU wall reinforcement, and incomplete fire-rated assemblies.
- Helical pier installation for bearing at interior columns to minimize disturbance of surrounding elements
- Extension of corridor walls to underside of deck to maintain a fire-rated exit system
- No disruption to essential services of the fire station
- Coordination of MEP design for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services
- Prepared design drawings for restoration of site and interior finishes at structural repair locations
- Prepared bidding documents and assisted owner with the bidding process
- Provided construction oversight
Project completed by our principals, prior to Funktion Design Studio, LLC, while employed with previous firms.