Broadway Facade Rehabilitation
112 – 114 South Broadway
Award-winning complete rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of a two story building located in a National Register Historic District. The building was mostly vacant and fire damaged at the time work was started. The project consisted of design and construction documents for a new restaurant and hair salon on the first floor, and four office suites on the second floor. The project included façade restoration and the restoration of the historic storefront. Façade restoration included masonry cleaning, masonry restoration, and window replacement. The project was reviewed by the Wisconsin Historical Society and the National Park Service for compliance with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation. Winner of a Wisconsin Main Street Award for Best Historic Rehabilitation Project.
- Restored / recreated façade
- Window replacement
- Two rehabilitated commercial spaces on the first floor
- Four office suites on the second floor
- Funktion Design’s Rick Schroeder was the Project Manager while working for another architectural firm.
- Preliminary design documents
- Code review using the Wisconsin Historic Building Code
- Plans and contract document preparation
- Preparation of state and federal historic rehabilitation tax credit applications
- Construction administration services
Project completed by our principals, prior to Funktion Design Studio, LLC, while employed with previous firms.